Friday, June 17, 2011

The Stupid Side of Online Dating...






Sad, but oh so true..



For all of the many positive things that came from my divorce, I've found that trying to date again hasn't been one of them.  I remember at first being so excited to date, thinking of all the cute, sweet single men out there... however, nobody ever tells you that it's damn near impossible to find a guy who isn't unemployed, an alcoholic, or a narcissist.  


Below you will find a perfect example of the stupid side of dating.  Notice the wording of his message titles..


From: cs.. (View Profile)
Subject: DEFINATELY CUTENSASSY! Sent Date: 1/3/2011 1:37:47 AM

I really enjoyed your profile, It is refreshing and sort of sexy.  
I am Chad in Brainerd. Yes, I can send a pict, but it has to 
be email, or text, because my phone don't let me upload picts.
I won't dissapoint you!

From: cs.. (View Profile)
Subject: THAT'S NICE!  Sent Date: 1/3/2011 2:09:45 AM

I reach out to you, and u blow me off! 
YOU probably just lost the opportunity to 
meet the best man you'd ever meet. Your 
loss!
Reply

From:  cutensass.. (View Profile)
Subject: RE: THAT'S NICE! Sent Date: 1/3/2011 2:17:35 AM

Are you kidding me? Just so you know, I always go through all of 
my emails first, and then go back and reply to those that 
interested me, not that I owe YOU any explanations.. and you should know that I was going to going to reply to your message.  Consider this your one and only reply.

And here's some advice, you can take it or leave it.. but, one should 
never presume to know another person's  intentions.. and sending messages 
like you just sent me isn't gong to endear you to any woman.

From:  cs.. (View Profile)
Subject: ASK ME NOW! Sent Date: 1/3/2011 2:30:40 AM

So ok then, good luck good bye! No love loss here. Then,
Reply

From:  cutensass.. (View Profile)
Subject: RE: ASK ME NOW!  Sent Date: 1/3/2011 2:31:30 AM

Dude.. you have some serious issues

From: cs.. (View Profile)
Subject: WHAT? Sent Date: 1/3/2011 2:33:55 AM

 No I really don't, I am a good, honest, out going man, who are u to pre judge, 
and its so disrespectful to call people dude
Reply

From:  cutensass.. (View Profile)
Subject: RE:WHAT?  Sent Date: 1/3/2011 2:39:56 AM

Now that's the pot calling the kettle black isn't it.. if you read above, it seems it was just a few short messages ago that you judged me... just 
saying,  DUDE..

From:  cs.. (View Profile)
Subject:  BUMS ME OUT!  Sent Date: 1/3/2011 2:41:44 AM

I really found u attractive. But since u 
have formed a false opinion already, there 
is no chance? So its best I just say I'm 
sorry and wish u the best. I wish we 
could of started off on good terms!!
Reply

From:  cutensass.. (View Profile)
Subject: RE: BUMS ME OUT!  Sent Date: 1/3/2011 2:43:28 AM

Yeah, well you have no one to blame but yourself for the terms we 
started out on... and good luck in your search as well... you'll need all
the luck you can get!

From: cs.. (View Profile)
Subject: WHATEVER!  Sent Date: 1/3/2011 2:46:26 AM

 Good bye.

From:  cutensass.. (View Profile)
Subject:  RE: WHATEVER!  Sent Date: 1/3/2011 2:48:45 AM

Auf Wiedersehen!

From: cs (View Profile)
Subject:  PLEASE STOP U ARE ANNOYING ME NOW! Sent Date: 1/3/2011 2:54:30 AM

Gotta have the last word huh dude? No more messages ok?
Reply

From:  cutensass.. (View Profile)
Subject:  RE: PLEASE STOP U ARE ANNOYING ME NOW!  Sent Date: 1/3/2011 2:56:07 AM

I'm really annoying you?! Wow, I so wasn't going for that either, 
sigh... oh well, and no more messages.. I pinkie promise!

The next day...

From: cs.. (View Profile)
Subject: I'M SORRY, I OVERREACTED! Sent Date: 1/04/2011 9:56:21 AM

I'm sorry for how I acted yesterday, I still think you're really cute n sassy! Can we meet sometime?


After reading his apology(which I'm sure was very sincere..), I made the decision to not reply. I figured I'd probably have better luck finding a more stable man at the state mental hospital. I hit DELETE and moved on to my next message...

Has anyone had experiences similar to this on a dating site? If so, how did you respond?

No matter how love-sick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along.
~Joyce Brothers


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment or suggestion, I look forward to reading them:)